THRIPOR-I 1000 - Predatory Bug Orius Insidiosus
100 ml bottles containing 1,000 adults and nymphs mixed with vermiculite
Adults and nymphs pierce thrips larvae and adults with their sucking mouthparts and suck out the contents.
Also known as Minute Pirate Bugs
Use Thripor-I for the biological pest control of:
- various species of thrips (larvae and adults).
- When thrips are absent, Orius can also survive on aphids, spider mites, butterfly eggs, and pollen.
- Shake bottle gently before use
- Spread material on clean rock wool slabs, leaves, and/or in application boxes (Dibox)
- Apply in groups of 75-100 insects in order to establish a population and encourage mating. In this way, it is possible to check on reproduction
- Make sure the material remains undisturbed in the introduction site for a few days
- Peel-off label can be used to mark the location of the product’s introduction
- Orius lays a large proportion of its eggs in (side) shoots. Avoid unnecessary loss of these eggs by applying Thripor directly after removing side shoots.
**ORDERS FOR BIOLOGICAL PEST CONTROLS MUST BE PLACED BEFORE WEDNESDAYS 11:30 AM PST IN ORDER TO BE SHIPPED THE FOLLOWING WEEK