ALFALFA MEAL 3-0-2
This certified organic alfalfa is grown on the pristine prairies of Canada. The deep roots of this plant grow down to a depth of 100 feet, reaching untapped minerals and vitamins bringing them up to the surface, and concentrating them in the plant. Like other legumes it forms a symbiotic relationship with Nitrogen-fixing soil bacteria, capturing and storing atmospheric Nitrogen in its plant material which is then released when it is incorporated back into the soil. It Benefits the soil microbial activity, as well as improves soil structure, moisture retention, and compost bioactivity. Alfalfa contains the naturally occurring plant growth stimulant Triacontanol.
- Gently mix into top 5cm (2”) of soil
- In the garden: Up to 375g per 1m2 (10ft2) - Apply up to four times per year
- Protozoan Infusion: Combine 75ml of kelp meal & 150ml alfalfa meal in a 5 Gal pail with chlorine-free water. Brew with aeration for 48-60hrs until Protozoa are dominant. Observe under a microscope. Then apply
- Topdressing: 60-120ml (1/4- cup) per plant, or 15-30ml per 4L (1-2tbsp per gal) of soil, once per month
- Premixing soil: 60-90ml per 4L (1/4-3/8 cup per gal) of soil. For larger volume soil mixing add up to 10kg (22lbs) per cubic yard of soil
- Total Nitrogen (N): 3.0%
- Water Insoluble Nitrogen: 3.0%
- Water Soluble Nitrogen: 0.0%
- Soluble Potash (K2O): 2.0%
- Calcium (Ca): 1.5%
- Magnesium (Mg): 0.2%
This product complies with Canadian certified organic crop production standards.