NEW ZEALAND SPHAGNUM MOSS
This Moss is hand-picked from sustainably managed swamps that run along the pristine West Coast of New Zealand’s South Island. Water flows from the spectacular Southern Alps feeding this natural habitat of Sphagnum moss. From this pristine environment, they hand-harvest Sphagnum Cristatum and Sphagnum Subnitens to produce "Spagmoss".
This moss is used extensively to grow orchids and other moisture-loving plants. It’s versatile with remarkable natural properties. It has naturally low concentrations of soluble salts, is relatively sterile, and has a structure that allows it to hold up to 20 times its weight in water. These qualities make it ideal for growing ornamental flowers or carnivorous plant species.
4L = 50 Grams
8L = 100 Grams
- With long-established quality control measures in place, they assure a consistently high-quality product
- Renowned for having long, strong strands and being long-lasting in pots
- Encourages strong and healthy root development
- 100% natural & renewable resource
- Absolutely no chemicals or additives
- Orchid Substrates: Use alone or in combination with other substrates
- Tropical Mixes: Use in combination with other substrates
- pH 4.8
- EC 0.2 mS/cm
- AFP ~55% when loose
- Water holding capacity 20x
This product complies with Canadian certified organic crop production standards.