DOUGLAS FIR BARK
These bark chips have been heat-treated and graded to the highest quality standards. The relatively large chunks create a very porous medium subject to quick drying. It is frequently used for large specimen plants, orchids, and for those which prefer a very open, rapidly drying mix. Fir bark tends to resist water at first, so presoaking them before potting helps to alleviate this.
- Graded and screened for consistent sizing
- Use to enrich the soil for indoor potted plants, container plants, flowerbeds, rose gardens, vegetable gardens, bedding plants, trees & shrubs, or top dressing
- Slow decomposition, can last up to 2 years before needing to be replaced
- Aerates soil, resists compaction and provides drainage in a substrate mix
- Orchid Substrates: Use alone or in combination with other substrates
- Tropical Mixes: Use in combination with other substrates
- Mulching: Apply a layer 1-2" Thick
- 100% Douglas Fir Bark
This product complies with Canadian certified organic crop production standards.