SPIDEX BOOST - 250 Predatory mite Phytoseiulus persimilis
Box with 250 rapid-release sachets, Each sachet with hook contains 100
Phytoseiulus Persimilis feeds on all stages of spider mites but has a preference for eggs. The predatory mites pierce the eggs and consume the contents. Adult Phytoseiulus persimilis also attack adult spider mites but the smaller development stages only feed on smaller prey stages. The larvae do not eat. The predatory mite can only survive on two spotted spider mites (Tetranychus spp.). Other than Koppert slow-release products (sachets), Spidex Boost does not contain a rearing system that produces several generations of predatory mites over time.
Use SPIDEX BOOST for biological pest control of:
- Use Spidex Boost for biological pest control of two spotted spider mites (Tetranychus urticae).
- Spidex Boost works well on all the life cycle stages of the two-spotted spider mite but prefers younger stages most.
- Use Spidex Boost preventatively and at the first sign of pest presence.
- Use quick release sachets when bulk release is not an option due to the carrier material.
- Introduce sachets as soon as possible after receipt
- Hang up sachets in sheltered positions in the crop (no direct sunlight).
- IMPORTANT - Ensure that you create a sufficient exit opening for the mites prior to placing sachets in the crop (a small hole or cut can be made in the upper portion of the sachet, close to the cardboard hook).
- Handle sachets by the cardboard strip at the top; predatory mites are easily damaged
- Relative humidity should be above 75% and the temperature above 20°C/68°F for at least some hours of the day
**ORDERS FOR BIOLOGICAL PEST CONTROLS MUST BE PLACED BEFORE WEDNESDAYS 11:30 AM PST IN ORDER TO BE SHIPPED THE FOLLOWING WEEK