Premium Horticultural Vermiculite is made from compressed dry flakes that are expanded using heat. The flakes go into a furnace that reaches approximately 1,000-1,500°F (540-810°C), which is sufficient to make the trapped water in the flakes flash to steam and cause the flakes to expand into accordion-like puffed up particles. Vermiculite helps retain air, nutrients, and moisture, releasing them as the plant requires them. It can absorb a large amount of water and is best suited for plants that require soil to stay damp and not dry out.
- Provides anchorage to young roots, and supports healthy root development
- Can aerate and lighten heavy soils
- Certified Asbestos Free
- Odorless, non-toxic, and completely sterile
- Potting Mixes: Use in combination with other substrates
- Rooting Cuttings: Water thoroughly and insert cutting up to the node
- Seed Germination: Used alone or mixed with soil or peat
- Storing Bulbs/root crops: loosely pack around bulbs in a container or box that allows airflow.
Wear a mask to prevent inhaling airborne particles that can damage your lungs
- 100% Asbestos-Free Expanded Vermiculite
This product complies with Canadian certified organic crop production standards.